Decorating with The Silk Garden
Caring for Your Silk Flowers, Plants and TreesThe Silk Garden offers beautifully realistic, exceptional quality, designer silk flowers and arrangements, tropical silk flowers and orchids, silk plants, artificial trees and silk wreaths for discerning and particular plant enthusiasts or for those who simply want some of nature's beauty to enhance their decor. Created with particular attention paid to detail, our silk flowers and arrangements, silk plants, artificial silk trees and silk wreaths look so authentic, you won't believe they're not!
Silk flowers, plants, trees and wreaths look fabulous, are virtually maintenance-free and can last forever. However, over time, dust and dirt build-up does accumulate on the leaves and blooms of any silk arrangement. In order to keep your silk flowers, plants and trees looking fresh, clean, attractive and new, consider these tips for cleaning and caring for your silk creations.
Tips for Cleaning Silk Flowers, Plants and Trees1. Lightly dust with a feather duster once a week to avoid dust build-up.
2. Blow off dust with a hair-dryer on a cool or low setting. Do NOT use heat.
3. "Canned air," compressed air usually used for cleaning computer equipment, can be used to remove dust.
4. If dust is heavy, try using a vacuum cleaner that is not too powerful. If possible, change the hose to blow, rather than suck. If that isn't possible, cover the hose with a pair of old nylons to avoid pulling your beautiful silks into the vacuum cleaner!
5. Try a rice or salt "bath." Place a cup or two of uncooked rice or salt in a paper bag, place the plant inside and gently shake.
6. Lightly spray silk flowers and foliage with a commercial silk flower and plant cleaner. Available in aerosol or pump spray containers, these can usually be found at florists, craft or hobby shops.
7. Make your own cleaner by combining one part vinegar to two parts water and place in a spray bottle.
8. For thorough cleaning of your silk flowers and plants, use water. Before you use this method, test your silk plant or arrangement by removing a leaf from an inconspicuous area. Run it under tap water, shake off the excess and let it dry. If the leaf looks well, the entire silk plant will also clean well.
9. For larger silk plants and trees, take them outside and gently spray with a hose, preferably with a shower nozzle. If the plant or tree is arranged in a pot with filler, cover the pot with plastic to avoid getting water in the pot.
10. For heavier cleaning, mix 1/2 tsp (or less) of dishwashing soap in a 16 oz spray bottle. Outside, mist the silk plant or tree with the soap solution, then gently shower with a hose until the dirt and soap is removed.
11. Fill the sink half full with cool water and 2-3 tsp of mild dishwashing detergent. Swish your silk flowers in the sudsy water and rinse well. Dry on a dish towel.
12. Use your bathtub or shower to clean silk flowers, plants or trees.
1. Avoid drying silk flowers, plants, trees or wreaths in the sun. Sunshine may cause colors to fade.
2. Do not use hot water for cleaning.
3. Do not vigorously wipe petals or leaves. Always handle silks with care.
4. Bring squished silk flowers back to life by holding them over a pot of boiling water for a few seconds, then smooth out the leaves and petals.
Silk Flowers, Plants and Trees as Gifts
Need a gift and not sure what to get? Consider silk flowers, silk plants and artificial trees as beautiful and thoughtful gifts.
As a housewarming or realtor gift, an arrangement of silk flowers is a warm way of welcoming the new person to the neighborhood or for saying thank you for your business. A silk plant or an impressive silk tree can be a bright and cheerful birthday, anniversary or any milestone gift. And what could be more thoughtful as a get-well-soon gift than an arrangement of exotic tropical flowers. They require very little maintenance, they will virtually last forever and your well-chosen gift and thoughtfulness will not be forgotten.
The Silk Garden offers beautifully realistic, exceptional quality, designer silk flowers and arrangements, plants, trees and wreaths for discerning and particular plant enthusiasts or for those who simply want some of nature's beauty to enhance their decor. Created with particular attention paid to detail, our silk flowers and arrangements, silk plants, artificial silk trees and silk wreaths look so authentic, you won't believe they're not!
For the finest in silk flowers, plants, trees, wreaths, planters and accessories, shop The Silk Garden: Silk Flowers | Silk Plants | Silk Trees | Silk Wreaths | Seasonal & Holiday Silk Arrangements | Home & Garden Decor
Store Directory: Home | Silk Flowers | Silk Floral Arrangements | Candelabra Centerpieces | Silk Orchids | Silk Roses | Silk Flower Stems | Tropical Silk Flowers | Silk Plants | Silk Bamboo & Grass Plants | Silk Ferns & Palms | Flowering Silk Plants | Hanging Silk Plants | Silk Plant Varieties | Tropical Silk Plants | Silk Trees | Bamboo Silk Trees | Silk Bonsai Trees | Ficus Silk Trees | Flowering Silk Trees | Indoor & Outdoor Silk Trees | Silk Palm Trees | Silk Topiary | Silk Tree Varieties | Tropical Silk Trees | Silk Wreaths | Seasonal & Holiday Silk Arrangements | Autumn Silk Flowers | Spring Silk Flowers | Summer Silk Flowers | Christmas Silk Arrangements & Trees | Mother's Day Flowers | Valentine's Day Silk Flowers | Home & Garden | Books | Home & Garden Decor | Fountains | Candle Lanterns | Planters & Vases | Wind Chimes | Decorating Articles
Customer Service: Contact Us | Customer Information | Discounts | Feedback | Gift Certificates | Links & Partners | Mailing List | Ordering & Shipping | Privacy & Security | Returns & Refunds | Site Map
Need assistance with ordering? Experiencing website problems? Please email us at email@example.com.